Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Tuesday June 16, 2015 - Becoming Us

There is a new reality TV show on ABC Family called Becoming Us. Its about a teenage boy who's parents are getting a divorce. At the same time his dad is transitioning into a woman.

The first episode was last Monday, June 8, 2015. The second episode was last night. My oldest daughter told me about the show. I am going to sit down and watch both episodes this weekend. The episodes are online. HERE

An interesting twist to this show is that the teen son has a girlfriend who's father transitioned years ago. I find this intriguing.  How are the two transwomen going to interact with each other, especially with their children dating. Also how will this affect the two teenagers?


Video Clip
There are now many shows, both scripted and non-scripted about our community with positive transgender characters, its hard to keep up. I must remember that there will be good and bad quality shows. But overall this is a very good situation.

I just watched the first episode of  New Girls on the Block, this weekend. All of the episodes are on Youtube. HERE

I liked the first episode and plan on watch the rest. Now this Becoming Us is airing. I do not know if I can watch all of them at the same time..

This is a good problem to have.





The show I am waiting for is the Jazz Jennings show, All That Jazz. I am interested in seeing and learning about the lives of transyouth. I want to compare it to my youth. Of course there is no comparison. But I find it so interesting.

Her family, friends and school interaction with her, is want I want to learn about. The show will premiere  on TLC Channel at 9:00 pm on July 15th.




So we have three shows plus the upcoming show with Caitlyn Jenner on E! making a forth show, our community is suddenly everywhere. I would have never imaging me saying this, but there are too many shows with transgender stars for me to watch during the same time of the year, Lol.

Thank goodness for streaming and binge watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment