Sunday, November 6, 2016

Sunday November 6, 2016 - Rough two days

I am late with my post this morning because of a busy few days. I have now slept less than 4 hours per day both Friday night and Saturday night. I am getting too old for this. There was a time from about 20 to 50 years old that I could operated for three days without sleep. I lost that ability in my 50's.

My rough weekend began Friday, I had an old client call with an emergency. I completed that assignment about 2 am Saturday morning.

Saturday I had planned to drive to Savannah to meeting with a client and inspect some property. My plan was to leave 6 am and it takes about 4 hours from my home to Downtown Savannah. So with only 3 hrs sleep Friday night I drove to Savannah. After my Savannah meeting, I drove over the Hilton Head for few hours of walking on the beach.

I was shocked how much damage was done from Hurricane Matthews. Here is a before picture  and after picture of the neighbor's fence that is across the street from the development I belong to.


Before

After


I walked the beach for a few hours, just relaxing and thinking about life. I bought her in 1980 as a recently hired College Professor and newly minted MBA. I said back then that I wanted raise my family coming here for summer vacations, bring my grandchildren here and finally retiring here.

Now it's 36 years later and I have accomplished two of those goals with the third still a possibility as Susan. Its been a fun and interest life so far, with so much more to come.

Around 5 pm, I decided to stretch out on our public patio deck and take a nap. The nap lasted for 2 hours. I then sat down for a good seafood dinner,

I did not get home until about 3 am (taking time change into account). I needed to return the car and go to the grocery store. I went to sleep around 3:30 pm and was up by 8 am.

I am still tired. But I have some work I need to get done. I am going to try and get to the gym this afternoon and then to sleep early tonight.

It's been a busty weekend but it gave me some time to be reflective and to determine that I am on the right track..

No comments:

Post a Comment