Friday, October 13, 2017

Friday October 13, 2017 - Doctor's Appointment

Today I had my quarterly Dr.'s appointment. It went very well and I am very excited.

First, my readies were fine. Even my A1C readings were down from a very poor 11.5 to an 8.2. On the same day, I had taken a home test which came in at 8.0. So I will start using  the home test monthly.

I was given the option to change my daily medicine dosage. My prescription for estradiol was doubled, so I can increase from 4 mg to 8 mg over the next month, to see what feels best for me. Also, I can adjust my spironolactone down to 100 mg. In doing both, I can adjust my internal mixture of male/female hormones that feels best for me.

Finally, I was told to start getting an annual mammogram. He recommended Planned Parenthood. I am so exciting to finally have to get one. Its like a stamp of womanhood.

I was finished within an hour and walked out on cloud nine. Everything I wanted to accomplish with this appointment occurred.

  1. My A1C readings are coming down. I need to be in the 5.0 - 6.0 range. I think I can get there by early 2018.
  2. I can adjust my medication. So, I am going to start getting my own test, to see what mixture works best for me.
  3. I need a mammogram!!!
Below are a couple of additional pictures.







No comments:

Post a Comment