Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Tuesday September 22, 2015 - Playing with makeup

Finally, I took Monday afternoon off to play with my makeup. I love putting on makeup.

Here is a picture of me without makeup.

I am not wearing foundation yet. I am older now, so it was important for me to eliminate my facial hair first.  I am almost finished and my face is much smoother and clearer. I no longer shave.

I am learning via youtube videos, how the highlight and contour using my foundation. But I am going to wait until I finish my electrology (by Dec 2015) before I add foundation.

I have a lot to learn about putting the rest of my makeup on and finding the right color and brand.



Eyebrows


I have been using a medium brown eyebrow pencil to define, frame and lighten my eyebrows. I box my eyebrows everyday I go out as a Femboy or a woman. So I am good doing my eyebrows and can do them quickly.

You can see in the picture, I did one of my eyebrows and you can see the difference. The left brow was done and is defined and appears thicker. The next picture shows both eyebrows done.

Back in the early 1990's I had my eyebrows permanently arched and cleared via electrology. I never had anyone say anything  about my eyebrows as I had them arched.

I remember my youngest daughter saying she wanted eyebrows like mine when she grew up.

Lips

When I began going out as a Femboy, I started wearing just clear lip gloss. Then I moved up to a brown lip gloss. Now I wear a lip pencil under a red lipstick color and a clear lip gloss cover to add shine.

Here is a picture with just the left side having lipstick.

This picture has 100% of my lips done. I am pretty good at coloring my lips.

I am not 100% happy with this color. So I do need to play with my lipstick color.



Blush

I have added blush to my Femboy look. I add it to the apple of my cheek and blend it up along my cheek bone and up my temple to my eyebrow.

I mentioned the other day, that the lady at the beauty supply store thought my face was "glowing". I hope part of the reason was because of my blush placement.

I need to play around with the blush color. But I like the placement. The picture on the left shows the blush I added. It does highlight my cheek and area in front of my ears.



Eyes


This is the area where I have the most problems. I add:

  1. Mascara
  2. Eyeliner
  3. Eye Shadow
I have gotten pretty good with mascara. I have been wearing it most days and I curl them.

The eyeliner, I am still learning. My youngest daughter helped me, but I still need a lot of practice.

I add eyeliner to my waterline of my bottom eyelid. But I can not get liner on my upper waterline. So I add the liner just above my upper lash line. I am still learning how to draw that line straight and thin. Its going to take practice.

For eye shadow, I added a primer today. I bought a primer from CVS and I like it. Once added, my shadow went on easier and the color stayed longer. I need to learn how to add color to match my wardrobe and define my face. I am watching Youtube videos and practice.

During this session, I added a light color under the arch of my eyebrow and along the eyelid in an attempt to
bring out my arch and contrast my black eyeliner and mascara. I added a dark color in the crease of my eyelid and a second dark color at the outside of my eyelid. I then blend these colors just enough to eliminate any hash change in colors. But these colors provide depth and highlight to my eyes.

After Makeup


This is how I looked after I finished with my makeup.

I still have work to do, but I am getting better.

Once I add a light foundation with highlight and contour, it will give me a great look. Plus I found a technique to use foundation to reduce the bags under my eyes.

I am glad I  do not need a beard cover. Beard cover added a thicker foundation look. I use to have to shave a second time and then reapply makeup, if I wanted to be out late at night.

I like how my glasses help frame my face. The glasses help hide the bags under my eyes.



Overall, the few hours I spent on markup was fun. I am going to buy a variety of sample colors and brands to practice with. I will continue to practice to get better and develop my style.


No comments:

Post a Comment