Thursday, September 10, 2015

Thursday September 10, 2015 - Working out last week

The last time I worked out, something unique happened. I went in late (around 11:30 pm) to workout. While completing my 90 minutes of cardio, there were only a couple of people working out. I was watching TV but I noticed this guy on the treadmill behind me. Then he moved to the elliptical at the opposite end of the row. Finally, he ended up next to me on the exercise bike.

He asked me how often I workout. I told him 3/4 times a week. He stated this was his first session. We ended up talking about 15 minutes as I told him not to overdo it for his first workout. As I finished my workout, he finished his biking and we talked as I went to get some water.

I told him how I lost weight and my 18 month program. He works until the late evening and then comes in before going home. We talked about LA Fitness and I told him I moved to Planet Fitness because I do not need the pool and basketball court.

We ended up in the locker room and I put on my sweat suit while we talked about losing weight. I left first and he said bye and will see me again next time.

I have had women say hello and have had small talk with them but never a guy. I have not been back to the gym because of the holiday and a Tennessee funeral I had to attend.

I find it interesting that I want to be accepted for who I am. With women its OK, but with men, I do not know. Men are always hunting. Was he genuinely interested in my weight loss success or was he hunting?

I do not know and I do not have a girlfriend to discuss this with. I really need to join a group, so I can learn and have some girls to talk to about these issues. My best girlfriend died almost 2 years ago. I really miss her.

She would have been the girl I could talk to about this issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment