Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Wednesday September 14, 2016 - Exercising Again

Sunday, I started exercising again. I went to the gym to watch the Atlanta vs Tampa Bay NFL game. I had not been in the gym since July. I just could not motivate myself. I used the excuse that I wanted the HRT to work its magic and see where my fat would end up. I thought if I continued to exercise,  I would not enough fat to store.

But part of the reason I exercise is to stay healthy, feel better and have more energy. So here I am back in the gym. My goal is to get my overall body slimmed down while hoping for an hourglass figure to grow.

I decided to use the elliptical machine for 1 hour. However after 28 minutes my right calf muscle began to tighten and cramp. I was able to finish 45 minutes before I decided to quit because of my calf.

I must continue to drink more water, if I am going to continue to exercise because of  spironolactone. Spironolactone is a diuretic and part of my daily HRT meds.

Also my effort was not as strong, even though I felt strong. The calorie counter on the machine showed I burned 480 calories in 45 minutes. Usually, I am at 525 calories in 45 minutes. My lower calorie burn rate was probably due to my lower muscle-to-fate ratio.

I was glad to get back in the gym and I want to go at least 3 days a week for the next four weeks. My goal is to get back to at least 1 hour of elliptical machine work plus 30 minutes on the stairmaster machine.

This 90 minute workout will help reduce my overall size while I hope to continue to develop a more hourglass figure.


Sunday 

2015


You can see from the two pictures above, I was thinner in 2015, than I am now. I do not know if I can get back to my smaller size. To get there, I will need to exercise more and reduce my daily caloric intake to around 1700 - 1800 calories. I am not sure I want to do that anymore. I do not mind being thicker as long as I have female curves.

Tuesday, I exercised again. This time,  I drank enough water as I did finish my 1 hour elliptical workout without cramping.. So I hope to continue my 1 hour workout for a third day this week (Thursday or Friday).. Then add the stair master next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment