Sunday, December 18, 2016

Sunday December 18, 2016 - TSA, Wish me luck.

I have a day trip to Branson, MO to inspect some timeshare facilities. Its too far to drive from Atlanta, so I have to fly. This is my first flight since starting HRT. I do not fly often and one reason is that I am always flagged for additional screening (pat down).

The guy always pats me down around my chest and shoulder areas. I think it was because of my sports bra Well now I must wear regular bras as my breasts are larger than the last time I flew (over a year ago).

By the time you read this, I will have successfully (I hope) gone through the screening process.

I never liked the screening process and now its worse and I am stressed. I am going in boy mode, so I will be have a pat down by a guy. I just hope they will not make a big deal about it.

Below is the TSA web page to help Transpeople navigate airport screening.


Transgender Passengers

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your flight. I'm flying in January and am strongly considering flying en-femme even if it means additional scrutiny from TSA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although there are always exceptions, most federal agencies/employees go out of their way to be respectful. My best guess is you will sail through. (I should note that I am a lousy guesser.)

    ReplyDelete