Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Lost by best Friend

I knew her for about 20 years. She knew me better than anyone else and I miss her so much. I was expecting her to be there to help me through this journey.


Maxine Summers
1969-2013 R.I.P

I met her at a club opening for a mutual friend of ours in 1992. We became friends and she keep me sane by being there to talk to while I was doing my manly duties and hiding Susan. She was someone I would go have a girls night out with. It was only a few time but I enjoyed eat outing so much.

We went on trips to Orlando and Dallas. We would get on each others nerves because she was so man crazy, it would create too drama. Especially Orlando and that guy from the club ;-}.

I loved going shopping with her because we would shop for girls stuff and she acted like there was nothing to it and I would be so nervous. Everyone knew it was for us because she would hold the dress up to me in public or we would  try on items. One time, at the wig shop,  a lady tried to use religion on us and Maxine quoted the bible better than she could.

Maxine was murdered in November of 2013 at her father's house. She was caring for him after her mother died in 2012.

I did not even know until 3 months later. I feel so much loss that I was not there at the funeral. I only found out because I did not hear from her for the holidays and her phone was cut off (which was not unusual) but she was never home (which was odd). I found out by doing a google search.

TV News Clip: CBS46 News

This is the main reason I am writing this blog. I need a way to heal the lost of my best friend and to find away to take this journey with someone, you the reader.

I had expected Maxine would be there to give me strenght and pick me up when I was down. To tell me if I was going in the right direction. To guide me through any man troubles.

She was there when I started electrology at e3000. She drove me to Dallas, drove me crazy while I was there and had her usual man problems. But I was so happy to have her there.

I had hoped we would go to the beach for a vacation in 2015, which will be the year I am ready to live full-time.

I know she is at rest now and I will miss her very much.


No comments:

Post a Comment