Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Tuesday January 27, 2015 - I told another Family member

One of my goals is to come out to my family and friends. In one of my previous posts, I talked about how I told my oldest daughter (30 years old) about my transgenderism.

Well yesterday, I told my youngest brother (52 years old). He is 6 years younger than me. When my parents discovered my stash (women's clothes, not drugs.... well my "drug"), I was 12-13 years old and my brother was 6 or 7. He remembers me going to a doctor but not what it was for. When I went to college at 18, he was only 12.


After we came from visiting our Mom, who is 85 years old on January 27th, we were just talking. As we talked about family, I decided to bring it up. It's so nerve racking, because you want to say something but you are afraid of the response.

So I just said, "I am transgendered".

"What exactly is that?"

I went on the explain that its more than crossdressing and that I feel I was born female, Because of the times (1960's & 1970's), our cousin's crossdressing and our father's public persona, I felt a need to conform.

My brother took it well by saying that it explained a few things.

  1. In 2010, when I started to lose weight, I used the gym at my brother's apartment. He was traveling for a living, so I had a key to his place. One day I left my panties in the bathroom. He thought I brought a women to his apartment. I laughted and told him, in a way it was, her name is Susan and its me.
  2. Another time, I was wearing bike shorts and with my shaved legs and flats, He thought it was a strange look.

In my family, we do not talk about serious issues and tell people what they want to hear. So he would never ask me to explain these two events.

He asked alot of questions. He wanted to know, if I plan to transition. I told him that I do not know but I have a journey and that at each step I will decide when to stop.

I am coming to the end of step two (step 1 - weight loss, step 2 - beard removal). Step 3 is HRT.

I explained while the family was going to family counceling, I was also going to a separate group therapy session. This kind of answered some questions he always have since his pre-teen days

At the end, we said he was happy I told him and that he has my back and will support whatever I decide. It felt really good to have his support. I think that next time I spend the day as a Femboy, I am going to visit my brother. He is currently between jobs and will probably be working again in February.

Well I am 2 for 2, my brother and oldest daughter. My sister and other two daughters are next. Then it will be really tough as I move out to friends and other relatives.


No comments:

Post a Comment