Saturday, February 28, 2015

Saturday February 28, 2015 - Live Long and Prosper

I stated earlier in the week, that I was a Star Trek fan. I have not only watched all of the TV shows from all five series and the movies, but I have read close to 100 of the paperback books. People would get mad at me because I could bark the captian's orders while watching the TV show or movies before it was said.

"Shields up......On screen!"

I was and still am a nerd when it come to that stuff. When reading the paperback books, I know all of the captains and the crew and their idiosyncrasies.

During Star Trek's first run from 1967 to 1969, I use to watch it every week on my parent's bed. I was 11 to 13 years old. I remember sometimes getting under the covers to watch Star Trek, wearing my mother's bra, girdle and stockings.When I could, I use to love to watch Star Trek and Wild Wild West dressed.

I loved the analytically Spock. I could relate to him because of his logic and his minority status. I was and still am good with math, computers and coding.

But I really wanted to be Urura. She wore that short sexy dress with black stocking. She was cute, smart and wore that dress really, really, really well. I wanted a version of that dress.

Even today, she has aged well and I hope I age as well.

"Spock's" death was tough to take. But at 83, he had a great life. I have told people, I want to live until 83, so I can beat my father (76) and grand father (82).

I am now closer to the end than the beginning and time is not guaranteed to any of us. Today a friend of mine, had a major stroke and is paralyzed.

This is why I decided to start my journey. I do not know when I will be called to meet my ancestors. I want to atleast know what is was like to be able to express my femininity anyway I want and help the younger generation of transgendered kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment