Monday, May 1, 2017

Monday May 1, 2017 - Stockings, I miss them

Growing up in the 1960's, one of my first crossdressing activities, was to wearing my mother's  nylon stockings and high heels. Decades later my mother told me that she always thought my sister was in her stockings.

I loved the feel and look of nylon stockings. I remember as a child, learning how to wear them by watching my mother. I would wear them and watch TV in my parents room for hours.

In adulthood, as I attempted to satisfy my dsyphoria by adding female trouser socks, sometimes nylon knee hi stocks and tights (winter) to my male wardrobe.

Now that I have female outfits, it's too bad that stockings are no longer part of everyday fashion. I think they are become outdated because our current lifestyles allow most women to have naturally prettier legs without marks and pedicures that allow women to show off their feet and nails.

I still have stockings, trouser socks, tights and nylon knee hi socks, but I rarely wear them. Many of them are still in their package.

Below is an infographic about various woman hosiery.


1 comment:

  1. I can understand why women today do not wear pantyhose or stockings. Beside the fact that in most climates they are too warn (except during the winter months). I do think that for many of us, the quality of hose is not as good as the ones that you and I wore many years ago. Too many concerns about runs, elastics that tend to stretch out too fast. Yes, I too miss wearing stockings but at my age I'm not really concerned about how my legs look.

    ReplyDelete