Sunday, March 6, 2016

Sunday March 6, 2016 - Doll House

Saturday I drove to Fayetteville, NC for a surprise 60th Birthday. My elementary school friend was having a party put on by his wife.

Before I left, my neighbor brought over a three story doll house for my Granddaughter. My Granddaughter was so happy and excited, she jumped around and screamed for about five minutes. My Grandson was also excited and jumped around.

The previous owner showed the kids how the doll house worked. Then they started playing with the doll house and putting dolls and toys in the house.

My Grandson played with the dolls and house with my Granddaughter.

I watched as no one told my Grandson, he could not play with the house or the dolls.

I remember when my sister got a doll house for Christmas. I was told it was her gift and I could not play with the house or the dolls. I use to sneak and play with them when no one was around. As a matter of fact, I liked the doll house more than my sister.

It's funny that society now tells guys not to play with nurturing toys and expect use to be nurturing husband and fathers. How do we learn that if we can not play and experiment.

In High School, we took wood shop and not home economics.

Boys playing with Doll Houses and Dolls do not make us "gay". It makes us better human beings and more caring.

I am glad they are letting my Grandson play with the Doll House and dolls. I believe it will make him a better father, husband and son.




No comments:

Post a Comment