Sunday, October 23, 2016

Sunday October 23, 2016 - Glaucoma study and HRT

Yesterday, I started a 90-day Glaucoma study which is testing a new medicine. I did not qualify for a two-year study because the size of my eye lenses were very slightly outside the study's required size. I had passed 3 previous tests, but failed the forth by a millimeter. DARN!

 I really want that 2 year study because along with the pay $200/mo, they would provide me with 2 years of medicine and medical coverage.

I had to wake up at 5:30 am to leave my house at 6:00 am, to make a 7:15 am appointment. I made because there was zero traffic. Its amazing that you can drive 1 hour and 15 minutes and still be in Fulton County.

As I was asked medical questions, the Dr asked me about prescription drugs. I told him I was in transition from MTF and I was taking 3 meds under my Dr.'s supervision. I could not remember how to spell or pronoun all three meds. He had a phone app on his phone that looked up all three meds based on male to female transition.

I was is boy mode and he did not flinch when I told him which medicine and the amount I take per day.. He did ask me how long I had been taking them and if I had any side affects. I could tell he wanted to ask more but did not know how to ask. So I gave him a quick summary of how I wanted to do this since I was 8 years old and so far so good. He did ask if I was going to have SRS (so he knows something about it) and I told him that I was not sure yet. But his question made me wonder about his app and if there was more to it. But later, we talked about my new favorite subject, technological singularity and he brought up the app on his phone and how its impacting his profession.


As a side note, I may do a post on  technological singularity and how it's changing society. Donald Trump is a reflection of this change, yet not many people are talking about it. If we do not deal with this issue, it could rip this county apart.

I joke with my kids about it by telling then "Please do not to let a robot change my pamper, when I am 80 years old.". They laugh but I am serious and they know it. When they were young (late 80's early 90's), I use to talk to my car and elevators. They would laugh, but I was getting them ready for voice recognition and intelligent devices (now called the Internet of Things).

I ended up having a very busy day as it was my granddaughter's 8th birthday. I brought both of my grandchildren home with me.

I noticed all day, that I am looking more feminine. My male clothes feel different by the way they lay on my body and my look in these clothes is different. Its hard to point out examples. One example is my breast area. A second is the hip area. My pants are tighter around my hips. Also, my face is changing as it is losing that angular look and looks rounder and softer.

Finally, I went to Sam's and used my Groupon coupon to purchase a Sam's plus card at a 60% discount. Then I transferred my prescription from Walmart to Sams.

It was a very busy day from 5 am to 11 pm. The days of doing that as a boy is numbered.


No comments:

Post a Comment