Saturday, December 19, 2015

Saturday December 19, 2015 - I forgot my one year anniversary.

Friday was my one year anniversary of blogging every day. I started the blog on April 8, 2014. However, on December 18, 2014, I began to post everyday.

This was hard on me because I am not a good writer. But I am trying my best to improve.I have always been a numbers girl.

Posting everyday can be stressful because sometime I do not have much to say. I also try to add pictures and video to highlight information. I have also tried various third party sites (Pinterest and Polyvore). Some worked and some (Etsy) did not. Some days I have much to say and I can create a weeks worth of posts.

I felt it was important to document my personal story.

I created 387 posts over the last 365 days. Not bad with 22 days of two posts a day.

I tried to create followers by exchanging favorite blog links with other blogs I follow. I would like to thank those bloggers that participated in the exchange.

I joined reddit and posted links to my post. I learned to create large daily pageviews. My highest one day total was 2,425 pageviews. However, I realized that most of those visitors did not stay and follow me.

So I went back to creating viewers and followers by word of mouth and commenting on other posts and articles.

Since this summer, I moved away from pageview count and back to my original reason for this blog, which is to document my journey of understanding who I am.


Overall, this is fun and very therapeutic. I have learned a lot about myself and look forward to the next 12 months.

I have much on my plate for 2016,

  1. Getting my finances together
  2. Makeup
  3. Voice
  4. HRT
  5. Telling friends (will be hardest part)
  6. Finishing beard removal

It is a lot and I can not wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment