Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Wednesday December 9, 2015 - Buying the right bra

I have been wearing a sports bra everyday since 2009. I was over 235 lbs with a 45 inch waist. This was the largest I had ever been. Due to my gynecomastia, I needed to change from my regular Victoria Secret bras to a sports bra.

When I came out to my parents in 1990, by telling them that the aversion therapy from the early 1970's did not work, I started wearing a bra everyday. From 1990 until 2009, I wore a non-wired, laced Emma bra from Victoria Secrets.

I had a VS credit card and bought them via the mail. I like buying the same type of bra but in different colors. I also bought matching bottoms. I have now replaced the VS bras but still have many of the bottoms. I color match every day. I am slowly replacing my Emma bottoms with a variety of styles and colors.

I know its early, but I have been thinking about my bra choices, once I start HRT in June. My mother, sister and maternal grandmother were in the D+ range. Part of the size is due to being larger size women.

I expect to try and stay slimmer. So I hope a B or C cup will become my normal size after 2 years (2018) of HRT.

I have been told that I need to get a professional bra fitting.  I will need to have this done periodically during that two year growth period. I am going to get my first measurement this summer before I start HRT and then as needed.

I found this infographic about the types of bras, followed by an infographic about how to measure your body for the correct bra size.


Based on this chart, I use to wear a T-Shirt bra and the moved to a sports bra. Now that I lost weight in 2010 and 2011, I could go back to a T-Shirt bra.


I measured by band size and I am 34 inches. My fullest bustline in 35.125. The 1.125 difference makes my cup size between an A and B.

No comments:

Post a Comment