Thursday, April 9, 2015

Thursday April 9, 2015 - Femboy day in my N.J. hometown

Today is a very important and emotional day for me. I grew up in central N.J. and I am spending a couple of days here before I head up to CT. It was 50 years ago, that I remember starting to wear my mother's clothes.

For five decades I have struggled with my femininity. Now as I accept it and embrace it as a gift, I am back.

I am going to spend the day as Susan. I am going to shop at my old favorite mall, drive by old friends/family houses, visit grave sites and eat at an old favorite local restaurant.

My sister asked me the other day, how I thought my life would have been different, if I transistioned into a women in my early 20's. I told her that I did not know. But I have been thinking about it and I am going to use today to continue that thought.

So, by coming full circle, its going to help me retire any old demons still in my mind and try to connect to my past.

One thing is the weather. Now I remember why I left. Its 80+ degrees in Atlanta and 37 degrees here. I did not bring a heavy coat. I am going to the thrift store to buy one.

Over the next few days, I will discuss how this day went.

No comments:

Post a Comment