Monday, October 19, 2015

Monday October 19, 2015 - Eye Makeup

Earlier today, I decided to play around with my eye makeup. I need to practice more on my makeup.

So I worked on my mascara, eyeliner, eyebrows eye shadow.

I am pretty good with my mascara. I have long lashes and can coat them easily without getting it on my face. I coat both the top and bottom lashes. Once they dry, I curl them.

I add my bottom eye liner onto my waterline. I like how that looks. But I can not add liner to my top eyelid waterline. So I add the liner along the top of the lid as close to the lash line as possible. I need to work on making that top line thin and straight.

The eyebrow liner I usually use was broken. So I had to use a darker color. I like a lighter brown that matches my hair. So this eye brow, though arched, is too dark for me and stands out too much.

For the first time, I added an eye shadow primer. This provided a nice base for adding eye shadow. I added white, brown and a dark red, but it did not show up that much. I think part of the problem is that the eye shadow I am using is cheap. It flacks off the much. Even with the primer, I noticed flaking from my eye shadow not long after I placed it on. I am going to invest in some better quality eye shadow.

If I could get a deeper color on my eye lids, this look would be better. This next picture is with glasses on which would be the actual look.

Overall, I like the look. Now I see why women get contact lenses. The glasses do a good job of framing my face, but they hide my eye makeup.

This is why I bough glasses with a bigger lens that drops low toward my cheeks.

I added blush and lipstick for my overall makeup look for the day. Below are two photos, one with glasses on and the second photo without glasses.



Overall, I like where my makeup is going. I still need to add some light foundation and contouring to help with my overall look. I have been watching youtube videos on minimizing the bags under my eyes.

In the next couple of weeks, I will try some foundation and contouring to see how it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment