Sunday, October 4, 2015

Sunday October 4, 2015 - Exercising with or without a bra

On October 1st, I wrote a post about how my exercising helps me both physically and mentally. I brought up my concern about a year from now, after 4 to 5 months on HRT, how my body changes may affect my exercising.

Since I have gynecomastia, I expect and my Doctor agrees, my breast growth may begin soon after HRT begins. Currently, I do not wear a bra while exercising. However, once my breasts begin growing, a bra will be a requirement. I was concerned about incorporating a bra into my outfit.

Well, I received a comment from Kati Reynolds. She asked why I was not wearing a bra. It's obvious that I am wearing a tight fitting female exercise outfit. I believe Kati referred to this by.saying my outfit is "decidedly not alpha male", and she is correct. Therefore adding a bra should not make a difference.

I thought about it and I agree. This is why I appreciate your comments so much. It gives me another perspective on my journey. Sometimes you can not see the forest for the trees.

Kati was right, and so I decided yesterday to start wearing my racing bras while exercising.

Below are two pictures of my Saturday outfit. One with a bra and one without a bra. It just so happens my outfit had a low cut neckline. So the bra showed across my chest. The bra I choose was similar in color to my undershirt but it had lace along the top.


This picture is without a bra.

This Picture is with a bra.


You can see the bra line does show across my chest. To me, Kati is correct, it does not have a major impact on my outfit. So I wore it on Saturday. I worked out 20 minutes on the stairmaster and then 80 minutes on the elliptical.

I did not notice any difference in the reaction from staff or customers. I received the same smiles and greeting my women and indifference from the guys.

Below is a picture after my workout. I was soaked. My bra line is not as noticeable because my shirts were slightly up.


I considered Saturday a success. So I have decided to wear a bra everyday I exercise.

I want to thank Kati for her comment. I appreciate her giving me that boost up to the next rung of the latter.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that things worked out on this occasion. If you were concerned about "making a statement," a looser fitting, less low-cut top would have taken care of that concern.

    ReplyDelete