Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Tuesday February 9, 2016 - SRS

Is the ultimate goal of every transwomen sex realignment surgery (SRS)? At this point, for me it is not my ultimate goal. My ultimate goal is to be happy and content while being able to present my true self to the world. I know now that I am more female than male. But at almost 60 (I hope to have another 20+ years), I could enjoy my life within SRS.

I want to end this part of my life's journey by being perceived as a woman, volunteering and joining LGBT and female social organizations. I can reach this point without SRS. However, once I get there, will I want to go further and complete SRS? I do not know and only time will tell.

I found this very good video in my Facebook feed. It's an animated video of how SRS is performed.



Male-To-Female Sex Reassignment Surgery
【 Male-To-Female Sex Reassignment Surgery 】“Male-to-female reassignment surgery is often more successful than its female-to-male counterpart, due to the fact that it is more difficult to create a functioning penis from limited clitoral tissue. MF reassignment involves reshaping the male genitals in the form of a vagina. Sometimes referred to as a vaginoplasty, the surgery entails removal of the testicles and inversion of the penis.”(Source: http://www.medicaldaily.com/pulse/male-female-sex-reassignment-surgery-watch-reconstruction-and-witness-procedure-363816; video source: The European Society of Urology)
Posted by Student Surgical Association of Hong Kong - SSAHK on Friday, January 15, 2016

2 comments:

  1. I've decided to forgo the SRS because of my age and history of breathing problems, my doctors and I have doubts I would survive a 4 to 6 hour operation. My Orchie from 2013 enabled me to change ALL my gender markers and along with my new legal name change I feel I've "arrived". I never really wanted to show any "camel toe" anyway, I'm happy being a Little Old Lady (LOL !)the way I am. SRS is a personal choice,not an absolute. You have to find that certain Peace and Harmony for yourself, I wish you all the best in your journey ! Peace & Love, Shelli Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking about GCS but what's called a simple or partial vaginoplasty. Everything is done the same except no vaginal canal is created. Everything looks correct, there's just no opening. It's a quicker surgery, 2-3 day recovery compared to much longer for traditional GCS. It's even less expensive. Plus no reason for the vaginal canal since my wife would take a dim view of me dating men. LOL

    Susan, last I heard to change our gender markers on state documents such as DL or other's, you are required to have a letter from a surgeon stating you have completed GCS. We can change our names on those documents, pictures, etc but out DL, birth certificate and any others will still have M. I'm not sure about changing Federal documents as far as M or F.

    ReplyDelete