Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Tuesday November 8, 2016 - Vote! Which predictor is right?



My first election results night I remember was LBJ in 1964. I was 8 years old and watched Walter Cronkite with my mother in November 1964. I was excited to watch the result and figure out who would win. I would use my newly learned math skills to track electoral college total and state by state votes.

I suspect my mother being Florida native, was nervous about Barry Goldwater.

For decades until the 1976 election, my Mom and I would always watch the election results together. The highs and lows we felt after each election created a closeness that lasted until 2015.

BTW in 1976, I was a Jr. at  Morehouse College. I watched the results with some friends at the Jimmy Carter Election results party at the World Congress Center.

Final 1964 results:


TODAY:

Technology is so difference, but for me the election results are still exciting. I will probably turn in to cable around 7 pm based on the following state poll closing times.


Now instead of watching all state returns, I will follow only a few, North Carolina, Florida, Pennsylvanian and Ohio. The polls in those states will close by 8 pm. So that will give me a good hour of watching.

Below is a list of the best pollsters and predictors of the Electoral College results. I can not wait to see who will be the closest to the actual result and crowned Queen/King of 2016.


No comments:

Post a Comment