Friday, June 30, 2017

Friday June 30, 2017 - Dr. appointment on Thursday.

Yesterday, I had my quarterly doctor's appointment.

I make my appointment late in the day, because of the traffic into Downtown Atlanta.

I arrived early and signed in.  His office has updated the technology because now you sign in via an I-pad and my bill is already available. So I logged in and pre-paid.

I sat in the lobby for about 15 minutes before I was called back. The first thing they did was weight me. I weighted in at 174, which is a good weight being fully clothed. Then I was sent to the examining room and had my blood pressure tested and temperature taken. Everything was fine.

After a few minutes the doctor came in and we talked for about 20 minutes. Everything was fine and I asked that he include an A1C test to my quarterly blood test. This test will monitor my diabetes and make sure I am headed in the right direction. He wanted me to have an A1C number of less than 7. I was at 11.5, which is bad, in August 2016. I had a test in early May 2017 and it was an 8. I think I can get under 7 by my next appointment in September.

My hormone levels were all in the female range which is good and we are going to continue with the same regimen. After the doctor left, I had blood drawn and then checked out. I was finished within 1 hour.

After my appointment, I went to Hardees, used a coupon and had a low carb 1/3 burger. Their low carb burger used lettuce instead of a bun. I really like them.

After dinner, I went home to finish some work.

Below are a few more pictures:








No comments:

Post a Comment