Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Wednesday June 21, 2017 - One Year of HRT

About 10 days ago, I wanted to write this post, but I have not had the time until today.

June 10, 2017, was my one year HRT anniversary. I knew there would be changes, but I did not know the extent of these changes. A person's genetics and age play an important part in those changes. I knew I was old, 60, but I knew if I did not start soon, I probably would not start at all.

The biggest change is my overall feeling of completeness. I no longer have dressing dsyphoria issues. I dress, how I like, when I like. I feel more female and complete. I no longer need to present female to feel female.

I now understand that there is a big difference between how females and males see and interact with the world. I have discussed in earlier posts how my mental changes have been subtle but over time have been large. The music I listen to, the movies I like, my driving and my tears are just some of the changes that I notice and enjoy.

Physically, you can really see the changes. The mental and emotional changes are harder to notice, but the physical changes are not.

I have posted the physical changes monthly and I am going to discuss them based on the one year change.


Shoulder Above the Breast Bust Line Bra band line Belly Button Hips Thighs
6/10/16 45 37 38 36 38 40 37
6/10/17 42 37 40 34 35.5 39 37
Change -3 0 +2 -2 -2.5 -1 0

The above table shows that the actual measurement changes have been small, but it has had a major impact on my overall shape. This year has taught me that subtle changes can make a big difference.

My shoulders reduced because of my muscle lose.  My shape has a more hourglass look as my breast increased while below my breasts decreased. Its made my breast more prominent while slimming down my shoulders and from under my breasts to my hips. This happened without exercising (stopped in Nov 2016) and no longer calorie counting as my #1 priority is blood sugar control.

My breasts are more prominent than the numbers would indicate because they are filling out and dropping to a more mature look instead of that teenage look.

Now, the first thing I do in the morning is put on a bra for support and my 36C bras are full.

Even though my hips are slightly smaller, they are rounder and softer. I expect in the next year to see more fat deposits around my hips and thighs. I am hoping that this is what my hip pain is about. I will know on June 29,  after my doctor's appointment.

Tomorrow, I will continue this discussion with before and after photos, to highlight these physical changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment