Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Tuesday April 4, 2017 - I keep Coming Out

Even though I am presenting mostly as a male. I have been telling friends about my gender issue. Last Wednesday, I had a former Professor of mine (took his course in 1978) come and speak to my class.

He has become a very successful Entrepreneur and we have remained friends since 1978.

After the class, he, a female associate of his and myself had lunch. During our conversation, we talked about his study of Chinese medicine and mental energy, I decided to bring up my gender issue.

I told them how good I was feeling and that the main reason was that after 50 years I was coming to terms with my gender and how it fits into my life.

They were both very supportive and he related Chinese thoughts on gender and how every culture defines gender but its more complex that what many Cultural norms dictate.

For the first time, I did not feel that discussing my gender issue was going to be a problem. It just came up and I added it to the conversation. There was no negative reaction, just a happiness on their part that I was dealing with it in a constructive way.

I am going to continue to do this in an attempt to help our community by letting people know, we exist and that they know someone who is part of our community.

Below is a short coming out Intagram video from Gia Gunn, a formed Rupaul contestant.


A post shared by Gia Gunn Official Account (@gia_gunn) on

No comments:

Post a Comment