Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Wednesday February 22, 2017 - I am have just proved this new study is correct.

A new study in the Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry has good news for trans kids who just want to be themselves.

The results match a variety of other studies that have found that:

  • When kids are allowed to transition, including the use of puberty blockers, it improves their mental health.
  • When parents affirm their kids’ gender identities, they have normative rates of depression and anxiety.
  • When families reject their kids’ gender identities, it increases the likelihood of their suicidality and substance abuse.
  • Transgender kids identify as completely with their gender identity as their cis-gender peers.

As I have stated recently, since being on HRT for over 8 months, my mental health has improved tremendously.

I wonder, if I had been allowed to alter my hormones when I was young, how that would have affected my overall happiness and the stress my dysphoria created over the past 50 years.

Hormones are powerful chemicals that make major physical and mental changes. They affect everyone differently. I would have never thought that HRT would change the direction of my transition, in sh a profound way.

I think that these studies along with real-life examples, will change our community forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment