Saturday, February 25, 2017

Saturday February 25, 2017 - I finally told my oldest and best friend

I have know this guy, I will call him Mike, for 50 years. There were a group of young couples in the early 1960's that had advanced degrees, young children and a bright future.

All of us lived in the same apartment complex. We all grew up together, had children at the same time and are now grandparents. Mike is the first of the group I told.

I decided to tell him yesterday. He asked me to meet him because his Mom, who turned 91 last week and is the last living member of that age group, has her house for rent.

I went by to say hello to him Mom who still has here mental health. I like to visit her because it reminds me of my parents and the fun we had growing up. I still have the old 8MM and 16 MM reel-to-reels.

Mike and I are real close. He is a Doctor who works in corporate America. He met his wife at my wedding as they were both in the wedding party. I went to his college and medical graduations and he came to my graduations. We both have 3 daughters. Are daughter's ages match, that is so crazy. We have some off-color jokes about that. We each had daughters born the same year, three different times.

We have been thru alot of crazy stuff together.  Not appropriate to discuss here (LOL).

After I talked with him Mom, we went by her house (sehe is in an assisted living facility) to discuss the options.

Afterward, we went to the movies and saw The Great Wall. It was a fun escape movie.

Finally, we went to dinner. I decided to talk to him about my transgender issues. He is the first of the group I decided to tell. Being a Doctor, made it easier for me to talk to him. He said he did not know and would have never guessed.

Since he has know me the entire time I was suffering from gender dysphoria, I could match our historic events with my "crossdressing" activities.

He was very supportive and asked many questions. He was especially interested in the fact that my meds have eliminated my dysphoria. It was a very good talk and he was happy that I shared it with him.

I discussed with him, how I am in a good place mentally and I am not sure when or if I will present full time. I did show him some pictures and like my sister and brother-in-law, he was impressed with the results.

As I think about it, I would be surprised if any of these long term friends were not supportive. We have been through too much and they are open minded. I am feeling really good today and the weather in Atlanta in beautiful.



No comments:

Post a Comment