Monday, February 20, 2017

Monday February 20, 2017 - This past weekend

Yesterday, I mentioned that I am in Orlando, visiting with my sister and watching my Grandkids. I wanted my brother to come, but as usual he came up with a reason not to come.

I wanted to talk to my brother, sister and brother-in-law together about my current decision. In 2015, when I told them of about my transition, they were not 100% with it but were not against it.

As I talked to my sister, yesterday, I think being the oldest sibling and trying to live this positive life that my siblings could look up to was part of the problem. My transition showed them that I am not perfect and that they may lose their older brother.

My sister and brother-in-law are very religious. My brother-in-law and I get along very well except for his "preaching" that he relates to everything.

Of course, both of them were happy about my pause. But I think they were happier that I am happy and in a good place mentally. I discussed my friendship with Karen, who accepted my transition early and has been my "free" therapist.

I showed them a few pictures of Susan and they were both shocked at how good I looked. I think for the first time, they saw that the transition would not be as shocking as they thought.



my youngest daughter and me

Finally, I told them I was going to church. I found this non-denominational church. I am not a "religious person" but the service is about life issues and helps me think about things.

We did not go to church often, when I was growing up. I did go every Sunday while my children were growing up. But as soon as they left for college, I stopped going.

I found this church by going with Karen to a Christmas play. We decided to go back and really enjoy it.

Yesterday was a good day of talking and communicating about my life and life in general. I am still taking my meds and during my next Doctor's visit (March 2017), I will discuss with him whether any changes to my regimen is needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment