Friday, January 27, 2017

Friday January 27, 2017 - The Mirror

One of the benefits of transitioning, is that you begin to see your true self in the mirror. I use to hate looking in the mirror when I was younger.

Now I see the real me. From the skin softness, the slight changes in my face to the body changes. It just makes me feel good and happy.

Today is my mother's birthday, she would  have been 87. She was supportive of my gender issues and I wonder what she would have thought about my new look.

My friend Karen and I are going to see LaLaLand and celebrate my Mother's birthday. Having a friend like Karen has been a blessing because I can talk to her about anything. We have hung out a few times while I was dressed. So she is very familiar and supportive of my transition and my choice to pause for a while.

I was asked to teach a college class this semester at another University. Wednesday was my first day and I asked the 42 college seniors to guess my age. All of them said I was in my forties.

They asked what was my secret when I told them I was 60. I felt like an old lady when I told them clean living, no stress and moisturize. The woman in the class fell out laughing.


No comments:

Post a Comment