Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Tuesday May 23, 2017 - 49 weeks of HRT

I am almost at my 1 year HRT anniversary. I can not believe how fast this year has gone.

Its raining today in Atlanta and I am in a reflective mood. I  am thinking about all of the changes in the past year.

For decades, I dreamed about this time. Now that I am in it, I am trying to enjoy everyday. I started this most recent journey in early 2010.


Now 7 years later, it was worth taking my time and doing it right.

  1. lost the weight (15 months), 
  2. had electrology  (48 months) and 
  3. now HRT with a supportive Doctor (11.5 months).


I do not plan on SRS or FFS. I like where I am both mentally and physically. I may end up presenting 24/7 as Susan but it in not a requirement at this time. I like that I can present how I feel on any given day. I now know that my family and friends will remain, not matter how I present.

Some of the important physical changes:

  1. I can no longer sleep on my stomach, unless I place a pillow under my breasts. Without a pillow, the pressure on my breasts cause them to hurt.
  2. I decided against wearing a bra to bed. But its the first thing I put on in the morning. I need the support and comfort.
  3. I love looking in the mirror. No matter how I am presenting, I look feminine and I love it. Its me. I got compliments all the time, whether as a male or female about how young I look for 61.
Some of the important mental changes:
  1. I do not let things stress me out.
  2. I stopped following sports and listen to music.
  3. When listening to music, its the words that are more important than the beat. It was always the opposite.
  4. I do not enjoy the action movies like I use to. Also horror and SiFi have changed. I need a nice story line and not just violence. I am not going to see the new Alien movie. Last year, I would have been first in line.

I can not wait to see how this plays out. There have been big changes in my social life, But I will discuss that around August or September as things play out.

No comments:

Post a Comment