Thursday, December 25, 2014

Thursday December 25, 2014 - Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah & Happy Kwanzaa

During joyous time everyone should take a few minutes to be thankful for what they have. Some of us have more than others, but this is not a time to compare. Its a time to look at the positive and the glass as half full, not half empty.

I am happy for my wife, children, grandchildren, siblings, friends, co workers, health and current era of openness.

Of course, I miss my Grandparents, Parents, In-laws and friends whom no longer here, but I laugh at the good times and memories. During this time, I make sure I tell stories about them. This way those who did not know them can get a sense of who they were and why they meant so much to me.

For you older folks like me, you remember the old 16MM film. It always trips the young people out to see the choppy movie with no sound and me at 2+ years old. My daughters get to see their grandparents when they were in their 20+ which is the current age of my daughters. Of course they only remember them at 60+ years old.

For me its about the Christmas day dinner. I remember in the late 50's and early 60's sitting at the childrens' table. Then as a teanager and young adult sitting at the adult table with my Grandparents at opposite ends of the table. Then married with children, sitting at my Parents or In-Laws table with them at the head. Now its my wife and my turn to sit at opposite heads of the table. The same table my In-Laws had.

Its at that time I realize how short our time on this planet is. It goes quick.

So get out of the closet or do what you want to do within reason and go for it. The world of 2014 is vastly different from 1964, 1974, 1984, 1994, 2004.

I think by 2024, if we work at it, transgenderism will be "mainstream".

There will be no need for blogs like this except as a history lesson about an unenlightened and bygone era.

No comments:

Post a Comment