Thursday, December 3, 2015

Thursday December 3, 2015 - Going to my mother's party in Orlando.

This Saturday, we giving a party in Orlando to celebrate our mother. Many people have RSVP'ed from Orlando, West Palm Beach and New Jersey.

My mother was known for giving great parties. She loved to entertain friends and family. Many of the people who grew up going to these annual parties are going to attend.

I have gone thru 17 reels of 8MM film to find silent B&W movies that show some of the parties. The earliest one I have is from 1962. I will be showing them at the party.

 I am looking forward to it.

I was thinking that this would be a good time for me to come out as Susan. This would be one of the last times her friends from high school and college (now in their 80's) along with our friends (in their 50's & 60's), will be together. For the first time, I do not feel nervous about coming out. As a matter of fact, I am looking forward to it. Currently, my siblings, children and two first cousins know. All of them will be there. So it would only be friends, whom makeup the next level of people I want to tell. So this event is very convenient.

But, I decided against this because this is my mother's event not Susan's. I think my coming out may take away what this event is all about.



My christening day in 1956 with my parents and godparents.
 My parents at my mother's grandmother's house in Eastman Georgia.
My mother in 2000.


3 comments:

  1. Susan, I think you're right about being your mom's event. Save the coming out for another time.
    Can I ask if your electrologist is on the north, south, east or west of town? And what she charges? I'm probably going to need an electrologist soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are located near the Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport. Here is their web site:
    http://southsideelectrolysis.com/.
    heir fee is $70 per hour. E3000 in Dallas was $105/hr but included lanocain shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, she's pretty close by. Just on the other side of Hartsfield-Jackson.

      Delete