Thursday, March 31, 2016

March 31, 2016 - Choosing the correct mascara

During my makeup lesson at Ulta Beauty, the consultant asked me which mascara I used. I showed her my mascara and she asked me about it. I told her that I picked it because it was recommended to me by an Ulta sales clerk. I wanted to ask her how to choose a mascara, but we moved on to eye shadow and I forgot to go back to discuss mascara.

This post is an attempt to outline the mascara choices.

The first decision we should make is to determine what we want from our mascara:
  1. Volume
  2. Separation
  3. Definition
  4. Curl

Choosing the correct mascara is based on the wand (brush) and the mascara formula.

Wand: Below is an infographic and a short video about wand shapes and the look it gives your lashes.





Mascara Formula: There are many different formula out there. Below is a short article about chemicals that should not be in your mascara.





Mascara Tips:  Below are two short videos which provide some nice tips for applying mascara.




No comments:

Post a Comment