Saturday, April 18, 2015

Saturday April 18, 2015 - Poll: Is Femboy a derogatory label?

Yesterday, I received an email from a new reader that said the word Femboy was derogatory. I did not know that. However, being older, maybe I am missing something.

I thought it was a better label then words like sissy and faggot, that were used over the past decades. It was my opinion that the younger generation had labeled a group of genderfluid people, feminine men and labeled them Femboys.

I liked it, because, we would all like to be younger and for me, I have always wanted to be more feminine. So it seemed like an accurate label. Except at close to 60, I do not know if boy is that accurate anymore. But Femgrandpa (?), no way.

For me its a label that works given my current transitional state. That label probably will not work as I continue to present more female. But now my presentation still tilts male.

I do not want to offend anyone. So I am asking you, the reader, what is your opinion?  I have two poll questions and I would really appreciate it if you would participate.

I added age, just to gauge the average reader.

Thank you, in advance



Please select your age group?

Under 18
19 - 25
26 - 35
36 - 45
46- 55
56 and above
Poll Maker



Do you consider Femboy derogatory? and if so, which word(s) would you replace it with.

Yes
No
Other
Please Specify:
Poll Maker

2 comments:

  1. I've never considered femboy to be negative. A good friend of mine and I often refer to ourselves as femboy or sissy. I don't mind either. True be told I am a femboy or sissy. I'm ok with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Femboy may not be a term that I hear very often but I think it fits you well and may be a good fit for others. I like it and am fine with it. I find it sweeter and less stilted than androgeneous.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete