Sunday, September 4, 2016

Sunday September 4, 2016 - TERFs are transphobia feminists - Have you every heard of them?

Yesterday I was having  rough day. I felt lonely, insecure and vulnerable. I ended up stayed in my panamas all day. I spent hours reading a great  new SF book in a series, surfed the web, watched some TV and started watching a Netfix show call Stranger Things. (my two youngest daughters recommeded the series to me).

I completed a manicure while watching TV and just lounging around.



While surfing the web, I stumbled across the term TERF's.

What are TERFs?
Trans Exclusionary Radical "Feminists", by Manic Pixie Nightmare Girls. Trans-exclusionary radical feminism (or TERF) is a subgroup of radical feminism characterized by transphobia, especially transmisogyny, and hostility to the third wave of feminism.

I did not know they have been around since the 1970's. Recently they have joined forces with other anti-trans groups to:
4.) Claim that a world without trans people is preferable.1
6.) Find that your anti-trans arguments and the anti-trans arguments of far rightwing groups match.2
7.) Assert cisprivilege isn’t real; that non-trans people aren’t privileged* in a society that’s hostile to trans people.
9.) Assert that trans people transition to satisfy their sexual urges.
10) Degrade and dehumanize the genitals of trans people.
11.) Work to overturn trans equality protections.
12.) Work to halt access to trans medical care.

Here is a video from a transwoman about TERFs.



Here is an article about TERFs.


Radical Feminists and Conservative Christians Team Up Against Transgender People

No comments:

Post a Comment