Saturday, January 17, 2015

Saturday January 17, 2015 - 2 Week - Weight Update

2014 was a bad year for my weight. I had maintained my weight at 165 lbs from September 2011 until January 2014. But for some reason my weight increased during 2014 until it reached over 171 lbs by October 2014 with Thanksgiving and Christmas Holiday on the horizon. I was worried because I can not have another year (2015) like 2014 and reach 180 lbs by late 2015.

At first I caulked it up to not exercising enough during the spring and summer. So I started my October workout. As I stated in an earlier post, these workout did not work. I exercised over 20 days a each month during October, November and December and reduced my caloric intake. A couple of weeks I exercised every day that week. Yet my weight would drop maybe to 168 lbs but then pop back up to 172+ lbs.

So in January 2015, after much reading, I decided to take 2015 and adjust my routine to get my weight from 171 lbs plus to sub-160  lbs. My goal is one pound a month.

I am making two changes, in 2015, to eat more calories everyday and eliminate all diet soda.

I think my net daily calorie intake was too low. I was eating about 1,500 calories a day and burning 1,000 calories a day with cardio (75+ minutes per session). My net calorie intake was around 500 calories in an attempt to force by body to lose weight. I think that was backfiring because it caused my body to go into starvation mode.

I also began reading about studies that indicate diet soda does not help you keep weight off. This soda may actually cause your body to gain weight. When I was younger, I was not a big soda drinker. But over the last few years I became a big-time diet soda drinker. Especially, Coke Zero and Diet Root Beer. I was drinking an average of 1 liter a day and  had reached a point that I did not like to drink water.

So starting January 2nd, I raised my caloric intake to 2300 calories when I exercise and 1500 calories when I do not exercise. Plus I started drinking flavored seltzer water until I can start drinking water with a lemon.




Well it worked better than I thought it would. I started January 2nd at 168.20 lbs and by Friday January 16, 2015, my weight was 165.0 lbs even. I use the same scale at the same time every day.

I had only 6 exercise sessions at only 60-65 minutes per session. I averaged 1,525 calories on days I did not exercise and 2,225 calories on days I did exercise. I saw immediate results as I dropped 3.2 lbs in 3 weeks.



I think the quick weight loss back to my ideal weight was due to eating more and eliminating diet sodas. As a matter of fact, I had water with a lemon for lunch, yesterday and it was good.

I thought it would take longer. So I am going to report my progress once a month instead of every two weeks. My next report will be January 30th. After that report, I will report at the end of every month.

No comments:

Post a Comment