Thursday, May 7, 2015

Thursday May 7, 2015 - Weight Control

I am currently trying to take this year to get my weight into the 160-165 lb range. I am including in this blog, a monthly post about my results.

Well I am having trouble.

In my opinion, my weight is a reflection of  my lifestyle which is made up of three variables: physical, emotional/mental and financial.

Currently these three variables are out of sorts.

Five years ago, I decided to not diet but make a lifestyle change. Any MTF gender fliud person knows, weight can be an issue. Our fat settles on us in a non-female way (around our gut).

So at 53, the first thing I decided to do was get a more female figure. Over the next 18 months, I made lifestyle changes that included exercise, healthy living, healthy eating and getting my finances under control after the 2008 recession. I witnessed too many 40+ year olds having strokes, cancer, diabetes and heart attacks.

As a matter of fact, I was told by my doctor that I was pre-diabetic and he wanted to put me on insulin.That was the last straw. I said heck no, I am not going out like way. I have to make at least 82 years old, to beat my grandfather. My father passed at 76. I threw the samples in the trash and never looked back. When the diabetic supply company called to set me up on a recurring supply plan, I told them where to stick those needles.

Over the next 18 months, I developed a plan that  got my waist line down from 45 inches to 30 inches. I am currently in the 30 to 32 inch range.But my three variables have gotten out of control and its causing me to fight and lose the weight battle.

My physical variable is fine. I am exercising 3 to 4 tines a week. At least 60 to 90 minutes of cardio. This does not include a new 15 minute warm up session. I love exercising because of the feeling of accomplishment and my new Femboy workout clothes. I have no problems at the gym wearing my new outfits. I may get a stare, every once in a while. But wearing a 4-6 or 8-10 size outfit depending on the cut maybe creating more stares of envy, than anything else.

My emotional/mental variable is a problem. My oldest daughter, her husband and my two grand children moved in for the next year. Of course they bring food that I normally would not have in the house and family issues that include dealing with young children. It has me off kilter. It's raised my stress level which in combination with the junk food, is causing me to increase my calorie count.

I normally, do not eat much as I try to keep my caloric count in the 1,700 per day range. I use the myfitnesspal app to watch my caloric intake. I have very low self control when it comes to certain junk food (donuts, chips, cookies and cake). Now that its in the house, its tough to be around it and I am losing that fight.

I told my daughter about my transition. She was the one who said she already knew. But with the grand children around, I can not play with my makeup and clothes as much as I would like. My fem-time has been reduced. So, I need to adjust to find more time for Susan around the house.

My financial situation is changing as I am retiring from my job after 35 years. I am working on a few things which includes changing by small real estate business. Its going to work out, but its stressful and its causing nervous eating.

All of this is causing me to not lose weight. If it were not for the exercising, I would have grown out of my clothes.

I am going to increase my exercising while I experiment to fine more harmony in the my emotional/mental and financial areas.

So I need to temporarily change my goal from losing weight to maintaining weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment