Saturday, March 28, 2015

Saturday March 28, 2015 - Hilton Head, S.C.

I am spending a few days in Hilton Head, S.C. with my job. I love this place and I hope to retire here.

One of the reasons I love this place is that in both 1994 and 1996, I spend one week as Susan.

My 1994 trip was the first time I spent 7/24 as a women. It was an exciting time that I will always remember. I spent the week learning makeup and working on my wig. I went shopping but I was very nervous.

When I went again in 1996, I was on the internet and joined a message board for "crossdressers". On that trip, I was able to find others who lived on Hilton Head. I joined them for an outing and a meeting.

It showed that within two years, the technology had changed enough to allowed a me to reach out to a community of similar people. It turned a private personal event into a shared event within the community. I enjoyed the 1996 week much better and learned much more.

However, I ended up going back in the closet after this week because I knew that I had some responsibilities and could not transition. Plus the public was not ready yet. I had some positive experiences but I had most negative experiences. One negative experience was when I at the Savannah Mall, I was called out as a man in a dress by a couple of young people. I had gone to the same mall earlier in the week, to buy some shoes at Payless without a problem. I went back and was embarrassed. So I left and went back to Hilton Head.

Now almost 20 years later, I have not had any problems out. Of course, I am in Femboy mode not women mode.But not only has the public changed but I have too.

I have lost contact with that group I met, in 1996. I can not longer find that "crossdreessing" group.

So as I look out at the ocean and remember the past and I am anxiously looking forward to a lovely feminine future.

No comments:

Post a Comment