Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thursday November 26, 2015 - Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving has always been a family day for me. I remember going to my maternal grandparent's house for an early dinner. We looked forward to seeing all of our cousins and playing. The food was so good. Especially the pies and cakes.

We sat at the kids table and had so much fun. I remember watching the football games with the men. I use to laugh at the old guys falling asleep after eating while we watched the games.


Then we would stay late playing cards. I learned to play all types of card games. I became a very good player because I played with and against very good adult players. We played bridge and pinochle


All the women and girls wore such pretty outfits. I wanted to wear a pretty dress sooooo bad. But I was stuck with a shirt and slacks.

It was the 1960's and the ladies wore something like the picture on the left. My mother always had pretty legs and I am blessed to have them.

I remember hiding out and trying on my mother's outfits in her closet. I use to wait until everyone was gone. Those lucky times allowed me to play with my mother's and sister's clothes.

Along with Christmas and Easter, this holiday allows women to dress up.

Being Thanksgiving, I was thinking what am I thankful for:

  1. to live in this enlightened era that is slowing accepting transgender people
  2. supportive family
  3. my health
  4. a roof over my head and food on the table
  5. transitioning



Thanksgiving With a Transgender Child | Advocate.com

Happy Thanksgiving 

No comments:

Post a Comment