Saturday, January 30, 2016

Saturday January 30, 2016 - Focus Group

Today I took part in a focus group to discuss with mature transpeople (50+ years of age) issues of housing and wellness. I went as a Femboy because I need to let my whiskers grow for my electrology session.

There were four of us plus the moderator. I was the youngest at 59 and one of two transwoman. The other transwoman was over 60 and transitioned over 20 years ago. The other two were transman.

It was a very enlightening two hours because I did not realize the diversity of experiences among our community. Plus I have never spoken with nor learned about a life of a transman.

Overall I enjoyed the group. I learned a lot about the issues of transmen. I learned about the importance of top surgery.

It is interesting that transwomen want breasts while transmen hate them and want to get rid of them. Their bottom surgery is expensive and seems inadequate. Also being a transman and still having to go to the gynecologist is a tough issue.

Each of the other three expressed a need to find a life partner for intimacy. Not necessarily sex but to share life experiences.

I wonder if that means at the end of my journey is loneliness?

No comments:

Post a Comment